Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Past Week

Tuesday, Feb 3 - Tuesday, Feb 10

So it has been a week since I’ve talked about my adventures, which unfortunately there weren't many of in recent days.

My first class with my POL professor was very interesting; he can’t be older than 25 and I’m the only student, so it’s hard to take him seriously when he stands up and lectures me- but to make up for all of that, my class today was pushed back until 4:30 and when I finally got out, at 6:20, I felt like it was just 5:30. I like my professor, but I feel as if he is overly concerned about whether I’m lying to him when I tell him I understand the material-maybe last semester’s class wasn’t very intuitive. Either Monday or Tuesday, I went to the fresh food market and bought four tomatoes and an onion for 1 euro- I can’t wait to make friends there so I can get good deals again.

My other classes are fine, I don’t have an afternoon class Wednesday, which is very nice to have a reprieve. I also don’t have afternoon classes on Friday, which will hopefully afford for an extra day on trips.

My Friday class was cancelled last week, so I met up with a friend from the states who’s studying through NYU and we went out Thursday night. I met a lot of fun and interesting people and had a blast going out on the town..ha The only bad thing is that one of the girl’s who had gone out with me had her purse stolen-not to worry the events leading up to it won’t occur again.

Not too much occurred on Friday. I did some laundry and just had a chill day in the apartment. On Saturday, some of the girls and I hiked up to the Piazza di Michaelangelo again, this time we took a different route and it was sunny out-which was nice. We also went to San Miniato al Monte. No one did anything on Saturday night because we were traveling to Ravenna Sunday morning, at 7am.

The trip to Ravenna was fun, but the Art History teacher who took us around spoke a mile a minute and was a bit hard to pay attention to. We went into every church there-I’m positive. The churches were full of beautiful mosaics, many of which had been re-done during another era by other rulers. The history and stories behind the works was fasinating.

School has pretty much been the same the past two days, however, everyone’s Italian classes have been switched up, so there are a few new people in my class, but mainly the ones who were already in it. I had one of the girl’s on the trip cut my bangs and update my layers today- yay free hair cuts! I also am planning a trip to the market tomorrow for more tomatoes and perhaps some different veggies, I really want to find cucumbers.

That’s pretty much all for now, not too much to tell. Please send me updates on your lives and send e-mails if you’re curious about anything. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment